Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cupcakes Take the Cake


When this little venture into baking cupcakes for a living came to mind almost four years ago, the first thing I wanted to know was: did a bakery even exist that baked just cupcakes? Since my search-engine of choice is Google, I went straight there and typed in ‘cupcake shops’ to see what, if anything, would pop up.

The first result to appear was a site called All Cupcakes All the Time. I clicked it and found myself at a blog titled Cupcakes Take The Cake, and I was immediately hooked!
This blog was created by three gals in New York City and is dedicated to any and all cupcake topics.

Now remember, I was in search of anyone that sold just cupcakes, and when I stumbled upon Cupcakes Take The Cake there were a mere handful of cupcake shops listed. I was actually happy to discover that the idea of a cupcakery wasn't completely crazy.
Most of the shops listed were in NYC, like: Magnolia Bakery, Buttercup Bake Shop, Sugar Sweet Sunshine, there was one in Toronto, and Sibby’s in the Bay area. There may have been others, but those are the ones that I remember. I became a frequent visitor to this festive site!

Rachel, Nichelle and Allison have nurtured Cupcakes Take The Cake and turned it into an amazingly fun experience. They were even featured on Martha Stewart’s Cupcake Week in recent months. The list of cupcake shops on their site has boomed to some 200 plus locations worldwide! You can read our interview from January 2007.

It’s been great fun watching Cupcakes Take The Cake grow into quite the busy-blog! Thanks to three energetic and creative young ladies the rest of us get to experience the growing community of cupcakes with just a click!

No comments: